Saturday, June 23, 2012

Tiny fliers and Orcs


Well a painting update, over the past week or so. Ive been painting up my CoA tiny fliers and some orcs. Ive finished the last group of orcs today and took some pictures. So first up are the CoA tiny fliers.

While I do know that they look like a squad of tiny dildos. I found out while painting them that my friend Austin was right they are a chore to paint. They arent hard at all to paint but its  annoying doing the same thing 3 times for each base.

Overall I wanted to keep the green and ice theme, at first I had no clue what i was doing so i tried stuff out and eventually came up with this scheme. Which generally I like and its really easy to paint which is nice.

Next are the orcs, I have some hand weapon shield orc boys for you and some 2x hand weapon savage orcs. I like the HW&S boys since they are cheap and somewhat durable for there points. They can also hit pretty hard in combat. I have a green skin with a leathery outfit look and a few metallic bits on them. The savage orcs are pretty easy to paint as well the only difficult part is after the skin is done you need to paint the outfit. Which is far more detailed than the rest of the body with a number of ropes and different plates. Luckily there are washes that make it all so easy. I love to wash things with devalian mud or badad black these days, it gives a shaded and depth look to it without much work in turn. I know the savage orcs dont have any tribal tattoos that is something I might still add on later after they are all done.





Ive noticed in the pictures the full skin detail doesnt show at all. It just looks like flat green, which it isnt. there's a wash under there with a number of dry brush layers. The skin itself is actually quite good looking in person.

Anyway im off to paint some more or play some video games. Any tips or comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment