Saturday, June 16, 2012

BloodBowl and a Bloody Battle

So  on Friday I had a chance to play as my CoA, against a large Prussian force with my buddy Gigawatts. I had to proxy some models and there was much in the way of unpainted things so there are no pictures as it would have been an ugly mess. I promise to get some Battle Reports on other stuff.

Other than learned a few of the new rules for dystopian wars that have change. I learned that the CoA are pretty badass. While we are a bit slower and have less fire power than Prussian ships, the CoA Medium class and up come with a shield generator for free and have an upgrade that allows 1 re-roll of a shield die. While is pretty amazing in my book for being a bit slower and having a tiny bit less fire power. That however is not true on the larger models, they have the generator and what seems to be the same firepower, and speed for the same cost. But the key difference is the Particle Accelerator, which is an amazing gun. For those who don't know you chose a target within 12" and get 12 dice, all misses including exploding 6's are put to the side. Then rolled on the next target in a line until there is nothing left. I shot the gun once since I had to leave early, and that one shot killed 3 Prussian frigates, wounded 1 more Prussian frigate, and then killed a FSA frigate. While I can see that the gun is extremely effective against small models since you get a large number of dice and get to hit other models, I'm curious to see how good it is against medium and up.

Now its GAME TIME, here are some shots of a blood bowl lizardmen team that i painted up a year or so ago. My team is called the Huatl Thunder-lizards, they are based off my actual lizardmen army which is the Host of Huatl, meaning I will repaint these guys after i repaint my Lizardmen army to match them.
The squishy skinks

The big guy, hes never let me down.

Some Saurus.

More of them
The team roster is 1 Kroxigor, 5 Saurus and 11 Skinks. I enjoy playing them since they are a good mix of speed and strength. I usually work on just picking the ball up and running it rather than throwing, but the skinks are damn fast so that's not to difficult. The kroxigor and saurus are pretty fast as well so they can keep up with the skinks to assist them.

1 comment:

  1. It's funny how the Saurus look like the old school Carnifex. They have nearly the same face!

    I am tempted to convert up a Chaos team with the Beastmen left over from my Hell Cannon conversions.

    We need more Blood Bowl in our lives.

    ReplyDelete