Monday, June 11, 2012

Rats and Templars

So I am going to take the advice of my buddy that has a blog named Teacher by Day War Gamer by night. To show some more of my stuff, so I'm going to post a few pictures of my Necromunda gang and Black Templar's.

First up to bat is the Necromunda stuff, I play as the Ratskin gang. Which is actually a very fun gang since you always get to use hazardous terrain rules and they don't affect you at all. Which in the beginning can give you a slight advantage, which is actually quite helpful since generally they are one of the weaker beginning forces. The ratskins excel in Close Combat but are only so so in shooting due to kinda crappy guns and no heavy. Later on, if you are playing a campaign and leveling your guys up using the necromunda rules. They can be extremely deadly, I played a campaign with my Ratskins and ending up being the top army since I could easily take out 2-4 guys on the first turn without much resistance.


My gang of 16 guys I know there isn't 16 guys in the picture, I accidentally cut out a shotgun guy on thr right and a pistol/cc guy on the left.
The guy on the left was cut out of the top picture.
My first ever attempt at doing eyes, I kept them despite looking back since it makes him look extra surprised.

 A Spirit warrior, which is probably one of the best CC units I've seen in necromunda.
Next up is my Black Templar army. I decided on these guys solely based on there fluff. I really enjoyed the fluff and really have fun playing them. They are the smallest of my armies that I'm mostly done collecting for, only around 4000-4500 points.
A zoomed out shot of the entire army, if anyone wants a list of exactly what I have I'll get one. Otherwise its mostly all CC stuff with a few shooting elements.

Good old undying Grim with his little servitors. Behind him you can see some of the little bit of shooting I have.

A powerfist guy that looks like hes going for an uppercut.

The High Marshall himself, I didn't like the original standing pose. So I made it look upright by adding a large rock that hes walking up.
His sword is magnetized so I don't have to worry about it breaking.

Some Terminators and a land raider, they go together like PB&J.
 A few shots of the army, if anyone would like more I'll post some more. I didn't want to many pictures in this post so I left a number of shots out. A large portion of the army is magnetized, such as my Marshall and dreads. I run mainly CC when i play and i always have a blast playing them. While my meltaguns don't actually ever blow anything up, they are just about unkillable. In every game I play I'll put 7-8 wounds on them before they actually die.
   
While I have a smaller Necron army, that is a project that I'm working on and slowly collecting stuff for, so i don't count them. My true army is my 10,000-11,000 points of Tyranids, which I never fully stop collecting. I'll post a picture of them after I finish painting my new tervigon's and tyrannofex's.

1 comment:

  1. I really dig the cohesiveness of the Templars, basing, painting, and everthing.

    Do I see Grimdaldus' retinue? Is he hiding somewhere? I love his goofy, undying rule, if I remember it correctly.

    The secret to eyes is to not do the circle then dot method, at least for humans, still works for screaming orks.

    You do the white of the eye, and then make a central black slash. Starting from the top so it is thicker there. You would think that it would come out like a reptilian eye, but at this scale it looks like a more natural human one. If you look at human eyes, you never see the entire iris, unless you are screaming, while running around swinging a sword. Maybe not even then.....

    ReplyDelete