Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Goblins and a Dreadnought

Time for a painting update, I've been working on 10 Night Goblins and a CoA Dreadnought. As usual post comments if you like my painting or if you have any tips to improve my painting.

Here are 10 Night Goblins, sadly enough this isn't even close to me getting done with the goblins. As my friends know I like to run an all Night Goblin fantasy army at times. Which is very hit or miss but its always a blast to play. After this group of 10 I am still left with 100 more to go. I probably wont post much more of the night goblins since they are a quick paint and not very cool.
10 down 100 to go.
They are a simple paint scheme, with black coats and a grey dry brush. Then its mainly all paint and wash. I don't want anything complicated with them since generally they are in large blocks and I have a 100 more to paint. My whole orcs and goblins army is going to have a redish scheme to tie it all together. Since they are the Blood Riva Boys.

Next up is the Dreadnought, which I never realized home much detail is put on the Dystopian Wars models. I must say they have done a fantastic job. The amount of detail on the models, is almost overwhelming at times. I tried to get as much as I could done without it looking to over the top. I wanted a sleak yet striking look and to be able to blend with ice but not that something is dangerous. Hence the green used to weapons and the particle accelerator and the overall icy look.
Angled shot with some extra turrets.
Side Shot
Rear shot, showing the particle accelerator contraption.
Also the green on the back isn't nearly as bright as it looks in the pictures. It blends quite well in a nice contrast effect between the light blues and greys.


As before leave comments if you like or dislike, just let me know how to improve if you dislike. Otherwise I'll work on some more orcs probably and either tyranids, infinity or more CoA. If you guys have a preference of those 3 let me know in a comment.

1 comment: